Please, wait while we are validating your browser
1. Silins E, Horwood LJ, Patton GC, et al. Cannabis Cohorts Research Consortium. Young adult sequelae of adolescent cannabis use: an integrative analysis. Lancet Psychiatry. 2014;1:286–93.[PubMed]
2. George TP, Vaccarino F. The effects of cannabis use during adolescence. Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse; 2015. [accessed 2015 June 9]. Available: www.ccsa.ca/Resource%20Library/CCSA-Effects-of-Cannabis-Use-during-Adolescence-Report-2015-en.pdf.
3. Meier MH, Caspi A, Ambler A, et al. Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlife. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2657–64.[PMC free article][PubMed]
4. Anthony JC. The epidemiology of cannabis dependence. In: Roffman RA, Stephens RS, editors. Cannabis dependence: its nature, consequences and treatment. Cambridge (UK): Cambridge University Press; 2006. pp. 58–105.
5. Bosker WM, Karschner EL, Lee D, et al. Psychomotor function in chronic daily cannabis smokers during sustained abstinence. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53127.[PMC free article][PubMed]
6. Kosten TR, O’Connor PG. Management of drug and alcohol withdrawal. N Engl J Med. 2003;348:1786–95.[PubMed]
7. Hughes JR. Effects of abstinence from tobacco: valid symptoms and time course. Nicotine Tob Res. 2007;9:315–27.[PubMed]
8. Pagliaccio D, Barch DM, Bogdan R, et al. Shared predisposition in the association between cannabis use and subcortical brain structure. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72:994–1001.[PMC free article][PubMed]
9. Zalesky A, Solowij N, Yücel M, et al. Effect of long-term cannabis use on axonal fibre connectivity. Brain. 2012;135:2245–55.[PubMed]
10. Bloomfield MAP, Morgan CJA, Egerton A, et al. Dopaminergic function in cannabis users and its relationship to cannabis-induced psychotic symptoms. Biol Psychiatry. 2014;75:470–8.[PubMed]
11. Hill KP. Medical marijuana for treatment of chronic pain and other medical and psychiatric problems: a clinical review. JAMA. 2015;313:2474–83.[PubMed]
12. Hall W. What has research over the past two decades revealed about the adverse health effects of recreational cannabis use? Addiction. 2015;110:19–35.[PubMed]
13. Di Forti M, Marconi A, Carra E, et al. Proportion of patients in south London with first-episode psychosis attributable to use of high potency cannabis: a case-control study. Lancet Psychiatry. 2015;2:233–8.[PubMed]
14. Gage SH, Zammit S, Hickman M. Stronger evidence is needed before accepting that cannabis plays an important role in the aetiology of schizophrenia in the population. F1000 Med Rep. 2013;5:2.[PMC free article][PubMed]
15. Hickman M, Vickerman P, Macleod J, et al. If cannabis caused schizophrenia — How many cannabis users may need to be prevented in order to prevent one case of schizophrenia? England and Wales calculations. Addiction. 2009;104:1856–61.[PubMed]
16. Gage SH, Hickman M, Heron J, et al. Associations of cannabis and cigarette use with psychotic experiences at age 18: findings from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Psychol Med. 2014;44:3435–44.[PMC free article][PubMed]
17. Nutt DJ, King LA, Phillips LD, et al. Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis. Lancet. 2010;736:1558–65.[PubMed]
18. Pryce S. Fixing drugs: the politics of drug prohibition. UK: Palgrave Macmillan; 2012.
19. Room R, Fischer B, Hall W, et al. Cannabis policy: moving beyond the stalemate. Oxford (UK): Oxford University Press & The Beckley Foundation; 2010.
20. Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Cannabis policy framework. 2014. [accessed 2015 Oct. 7]. Available: www.camh.ca/en/hospital/about_camh/influencing_public_policy/Documents/CAMHCannabisPolicyFramework.pdf.
21. Khenti A. The Canadian war on drugs: structural violence and unequal treatment of black Canadians. Int J Drug Policy. 2014;25:190–5.[PubMed]
22. Werb D, Nosyk B, Kerr T, et al. Estimating the economic value of British Columbia’s domestic cannabis market: implications for provincial public policy. Int J Drug Policy. 2012;23:436–41.[PubMed]
23. Ogrodnik M, Kopp P, Bongaerts X, et al. An economic analysis of different cannabis decriminalization scenarios. Psychiatr Danub. 2015;27(Suppl 1):S309–14.[PubMed]
24. Support for marijuana legalization steady at more than half. Forum Research [website] 2015. [accessed 2015 Sept. 20]. Available: http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/1362/just-one-tenth-think-current-laws-are-appropriate/
25. Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA) Cannabis regulation: lessons learned in Colorado and Washington State. Ottawa (ON): CCSA; 2015. [accessed 2015 Nov. 13]. Available: www.ccsa.ca/Resource%20Library/CCSA-Cannabis-Regulation-Lessons-Learned-Report-2015-en.pdf.
26. Hasin DS, Saha TD, Kerridge BT, et al. Prevalence of marijuana use disorders in the United States between 2001–2002 and 2012–2013. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72:1235–42.[PMC free article][PubMed]
27. Hall W, Weier M. Assessing the public health impacts of legalizing recreational cannabis use in the USA. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2015;97:607–15.[PubMed]
28. Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA) Marijuana for Non-Therapeutic Purposes. Ottawa (ON): CCSA; 2014. [accessed 2015 Oct. 21]. Available: www.ccsa.ca/Resource%20Library/CCSA-Non-Therapeutic-Marijuana-Policy-Brief-2014-en.pdf.
29. 2009-11 Toyota vehicle recalls. Wikipedia [website] [accessed 2015 Sept. 20]. Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009-11_Toyota_vehicle_recalls.